The little things:
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
I came across an article today on the little things that can be changed or implemented to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. It got me thinking about the little things I do (or have intentions on doing). I started a list and will add things as that appear helpful in the future.
* The music is always on - it makes me 'move'!
* I sit in the sunlight - it gives me a sense of serenity.
* I have a bowl of fruit sitting out - serves as a reminder and makes it easier to make healthy choices
* I printed a picture of a silhouette of a woman (maybe it's a girl) running and pinned it on the fridge - great thing about a silhouette - it's easy to imagine it as me! A visual reminder.
* I leave my running shoes and gear out where I can see them.
* I joined Spark People to surround myself with people like me! Eager to change but don't have a lot of people to participate making those changes. I'm weak! LOL
* Instead of cooking (which I love to do) - I now make smoothies (and freeze them) or make laundry detergent & dishwasher soap! Weird I know - but I don't eat them!!! But it gives me my kitchen fix!
Please share your 'little things' too!