Monday, September 09, 2013
How to Bead Join:
1. Make a ring or chain with a large picot. The picot must be large enough to pull through a bead. The beads must have an opening large enough for twice the width of the thread and also large enough for the crochet hook to pass through.
Size 6 seed beads work well.
2. At the point when bead join is made (for this pattern it is after a chain and during the process of making a ring), Place a bead on a crochet hook.
3. Catch picot with crochet hook and slide bead over picot.
4. Pull Thread from ring or chain in process through the picot loop on top of the bead using crochet hook.
5. Pull shuttle thread through shuttle loop
6. Tighten join.
7. Check to see if ring thread still slides for closing by pulling shuttle thread slightly.
8. Continue with pattern.
(In this case 4ds, p, 5ds, cl.)