It's funny how the world works sometimes.
Just because I am not trying to lose any weight, I shouldn't live healthy? Hmm? Wait what??
It's annoying to get the weird looks of people, or hear those stupid comments like "Well, you can eat whatever you want anyways, why do you even care?" "Don't make such a fuss about it, you out of all can afford this extra piece of cake."
Well, I do care a lot for multiple reasons.
1. If I didn't make good choices, I would gain weight rapidly.
2. Good food automatically gives more energy, and makes me feel better
3. Being skinny doesn't meant you are fit and healthy. It means you are skinny.
4. Just because it doesn't show up as weight, it doesn't mean that it won't have other negative health effects.
5. We only get one body in our life, so we better treat it right.
I think this list could go on for a while, but what I am trying to say is: thin people do care for other reasons than being thin. Just because I want to live good and healthy, I don't automatically have an eating disorder, an obsession, or try to be better than others. I just want to be healthy too! I exercise because it's fun, challenging, and good for me. Yes, sometimes I run or bike the extra mile because I splurged last night, but isn't that what it is all about? The Balance?! I wish there were more people out there that understand this, but I am glad that there is this great community here, with a ton of people who understand, and motivate each other, and I am thankful for the resources that Sparkpeople offer because there is something available for every weight class, for every stage, and for every lifestyle.
As long as we remember to be the best that we can be, and don't judge people before we know their story, we can make it a better place for everybody!
I hope everybody has a great start into the week :)