Sunday, September 08, 2013
I can't believe I've logged my food for 70 straight days. My original goal this past summer was to beat my all-time high of 25 consecutive days. Now that I've gotten this far, I've learned that the longer you do something, the better and more solid the habit becomes. Duh. Of course.
So now that I've come this far, it's probably a good time to reassess my goals and what I want to accomplish.
1. Food. Keep doing what I'm doing; 1500-1700 calories a day, 2 green veggie servings a day, small amounts of fat-free or low-fat dairy at every meal. Portion control is key to achieving that calorie range.
2. Exercise. 2 days of ST weekly, continue to change up as needed. Cardio, 30 minutes minimum every day or 6 days a week. 60 minutes would be great! Don't kill self with 4-hours of bike riding (remember moderation).
3. Keep drinking water, even when the weather cools off! It's easy to drink when you feel hot and sweaty; when it gets cold out, not so much.
4. Logging. Shoot for 100 days. If I can get through the start of a school year and not miss any days, then I can do it every day! Long-term goal: 365 days straight of logging.
5. Long-term weight goal: be considerably less than 200 on my graduation day in May. I don't know where that will be, but at the rate I'm losing right now, I should be under 200 by January. :) :) :)
My weight is doing really awesome. I lost 4 lbs last week!!! It sounds like a lot, but I tend to lose a lot at the end of my TOM and the week before it I only lost a half pound, so I'm happy with how things are going.
On a side note, I got my first flat on my road bike today. I was about 3 miles from home and it was a slow leak; my driving daughter came out and rescued me, which was the FIRST time anyone has ever had to come out and get me. :/ I'm going to drop my bike off at the shop tomorrow because I don't trust myself to change my own tire...I learned, but I learned 2 years ago and I'm sure I don't remember. :(
That's about all for now; it's going to be another hectic week! I just finished a big lesson-plan project with a study group, and 2 other assignments are done, so I'm ready to relax with my kids tonight.