I came down sick the evening of September 2nd. I get fall allergies every year, and this feels like that, except that it all started within minutes of me eating a cup of vanilla flavored yogurt. Literally within minutes of eating that I had a full-system reaction that made me feel ill all over, weak, and trembly. Iíve had that type of reaction before, and it is a serious, possibly life-threatening allergic reaction. Only I have eaten that vanilla flavored yogurt many times with no reaction at all.
Perhaps it is just a coincidence and I happened to have some kind of viral bug just overwhelm my system so suddenly and quickly. Or perhaps the stress this week from Ďthat crazy lady from another siteí that my immunity got really weakened and the fall allergies just lambasted me suddenly.
A couple of years ago I had this same kind of sudden and severe reaction to a different food, and I thought I had developed a sudden and severe allergy to that food. Only I have since been able to eat that food with no problems. So, I really donít know WTH is going on. You would think if I am allergic to something I would stay allergic to it, and the allergy to it wouldnít come and go? Though I do know that when I am extremely stressed my allergies are much likely to be worse. But, still, if I have allergies to something, I should always have allergies to that thingÖ I do have a lot of allergies, but the things I have previously been found to be allergic to, I stayed allergic to. They didnít come and go, and come back again, and leave again.
I know that whatever happened really shut down my lungs when the full-body allergic reaction happened. And I have been on steroids trying to open up my lungs. Each day I would start feeling better by early afternoon, but yesterday that window of feeling better didnít happen, and I went to bed feeling sicker. And during the night I got really sick.
The 3rd through the 7th I really was having problems with dehydration - even though I am now on steroids - and finally this morning the dehydration stopped getting worse. The 3rd was the day I most severely dehydrated. I literally drank at least 6 liters of water that day, and still was thirsty. It seemed my body was trying to release whatever toxin there was in my body. I just couldnít get enough water. Also, though I normally have obstipation issues, that day I definitely wasnít.
With my having heart failure I always really worry when I get sick, and most especially if I become dehydrated, as that throws my heart into severe arrythmia, and my heart can literally stop. Last night I was most worried, as I was pretty sick.
Today my lungs are finally opening up, and I am hoping I can beat this thing - whatever it is. I am still really a sick puppy though, and donít know if I am going to have to seek medical care in order to get over whatever this is.
I have really been pushing the greens, cucumbers, and whole natural foods. And I do feel better after eating the greens or cukes. For awhile. I must say my hunger has been pretty intense since I have been sick. My stomach feels better if I put something in it regularly. Otherwise it is as if my stomach is just a bit irritated.
I must say though that my ankles have REALLY slimmed down since Iíve been sick. I donít know if thatís from the dehydration, but it sure looks pretty. Of course I've lost a little bit of weight... For one thing I have forced myself to stay off (most) sweets - which, by the way, has almost killed me. I have limited myself to some dark chocolates, and some low-sugar jelly each day.Tells you how truly addicted I am that it is that hard to stay off sugar even when I know sugar lowers immunity.
I do need to get to the store tomorrow for more greens and cukes.
Today I am still too sick, but I have enough for today.