I started thinking about my goals for Autumn 2013 before I joined the team, "Challengers of HOGWARTS - autumn 1". I had the list made up of goals I wanted to accomplish and I wrote about the nutrition part of it in the blog entitled, "Progress report for August": . www.sparkpeople.com/mypa
where I talked about being pre-diabetic and what I planned to do about it. Also, I want to thank all of you who read it and offer me support.
It is so much appreciated!
As part of my weekly goals in the above mentioned team, I decided to complete the following: Luna Scamander née Lovegood Magical Creatures: Review your life priorities: brainstorm (20-30min); prioritize (20-30min); choose two or three most important and describe them in detail (20-30min).
Here is a list of possible goals for myself this Fall season:
1. Personal study: read the scriptures and pray daily.
2. Church: As soon as it is cool enough outside, start going to church again.
3. Genealogy: start working on my genealogy and do it one day per week.
1. Finish book "Tone Every Inch: The Fastest Way to Sculpt Your Belly, Butt & Thighs" and set goals. Here is a link to the book:
I got resistance bands from Amazon. Now I will reread the exercises to be done and start weight training at home. Here is a link to the resistance bands:
(TheraBand Latex Bands by TheraBand)
2. Nutrition (what else I have done since the last blog):
(1) Called Nutritional and Lifestyle Counseling at Feldman Center for Optimal Health at Holy Cross Hospital: 954-229-7908, talked to Leslie and if my insurance will not approve for me to see the nutritionist, save $135 for an in-depth visit for myself.
(2) Signed up for a pre-diabetes class given at Imperial Point Medical Center which will be a 6-week course starting Oct. 4.
a. Joined Sleep Challenge and completed Week 1.
b. Started the log recommended and will do it for one week.
1. Journaling: Bought a new journal and will start using it tomorrow, 9/8/13.
2. Will continue therapy once a week.
Take class: Signed up for an online class which starts Sept. 18, 2013, for 6 weeks entitled, How to Make Money From Your Writing.
1. Volunteer: continue with my local library.
2. Job: continue to work with voc. rehab. to find a job I can do without exacerbating my MS.
That's all folks! I hope this list helps you make your own list and remember that I am not a young mother with children at home nor am I working full-time so please set goals that fit your lifestyle AND the time you have to do them. I wish you the VERY best with your goals and dreams.