Thursday, September 05, 2013
To be healthy is.....
1. To make good food choices. Less processed items, more organic fruit and veggies. This means also realizing when I am hungry vs. when I need hydration.
2. To realize that food is not going to solve my stress, sadness, loneliness, or anger.
3. To be able to exercise daily and enjoy doing so. Find a delicate balance between pushing myself to get results but not obsessing or pushing myself too far. Exercise should be fun, just takes awhile to find what works.
4. To maintain positive support systems around me and stop comparing myself to others.
5. To take time for myself each and every day in order to become a less cranky mother and wife
6. To admit that sometimes I have a choice and sometimes I don't. When I have a choice I can act. When I don't have a choice, I need to accept.
7. To realize that I can do this and take it one day and one pound at a time, focusing on the journey. The weight didn't come on over night and it's not going to leave overnight.