Thursday, September 05, 2013
On January 1st I posted a blog detailing some areas in my life I want to focus on this year. Another goal I have is to take a few minutes at the end of each month and see how I did. Don't want my goals to be forgotten as the year wears on.
1. Continue to exercise and eat well - This was the first month all year that I didn't get my 1000 minutes. I was really focused and running great up until my race on August 10 and then got a little lazy. However, I did manage to shave almost five minutes off of that race time, which I am super pumped about. As far as food goes, we ate out more than usual. Will work on that in September.
2. Be productive at the office and at home - I set my housework goal a little high here this month at 600 minutes. Not surprisingly, when I fell behind, I got discouraged and fell further behind. Goal is 450 this month. Still need to find a similar system to work for the office.
3. More quality time with the girls - Did well here. We went to the pool and played outside. Took them camping and they had a blast. The school year is always a challenge. Need to get back to "Cooking with Mom" night and taking them to the grocery store.
4. Pay off debt - This goal is sorta on hold for now. We are having to save for a big expense in January (that may or may not even happen).
5. Encourage others - I've pointed friends to sparkpeople. I talk about nutrition and exercise regularly. "It's hard, but once you get in the habit, it gets easier." I try to set a good example without being pushy or judgmental. I think I've done well here in August.
6. Patience - Hmmm. I'm usually pretty aware when I'm short with the kids, DH, and Mom. Looking back at the month, it doesn't seem like I've done bad here this month. Will focus on doing good, instead of "not bad".
The office is going to be my primary focus in September. I stay in a constant state of behindness and it is adding a lot of frustration to my life in general.