Well wishes and Prayers please - Update on Utah
Tuesday, September 03, 2013
As I was sharing with my bestest friend. I thought I should blog and share with others as well. I ended out taking Utah to Emergency after his 5th seizure within 24 hours.
In the end I was not sure what to do. i tried to reach my husband but who knows where his phone was. No answer over and over. I was there almost 4 hours waiting and Utah had no new seizure so I left him to be monitored. I hate that he is there is a cage getting NOT the attention I would be giving him. But I felt that it was not worth the risk to bring him home to have another seizure. They have better tools (like a drip).
I called this morning and he did not have another seizure overnight. Thank God. He gets to see the Neurologist this morning. If I could I would simply go & sit there so I could see the Neurologist too. They will call me after. I am hoping I can take a break from work and go and pick him up and then work from home. I have a pretty big meeting this afternoon but am hoping I can take it from home. Tomorrow are my very important meetings. Hope all goes as smoothly as possible today. But most importantly that Utah is ok.
I need to stay very strong and focused.
On thing is that Utah having seizures sure puts things in perspective. Weight and complaining about working so many hours seems to petty. I would work 60 hours a week if it would keep these seizures away.
Thank you for any well wishes and or prayers you can send Utah's way.
On a side note - I of course had the opportunity to finally sleep last night but had such a hard time with Utah away. I am just so thankful that he had no seizures overnight. They may want to keep him for a bit today to ensure that he goes 24 hours with no seizure. we will see.