Mom, August results and September goals
Sunday, September 01, 2013
Mom had a very rough week. She has developed bed sores. Her temporarily repaired bridge fell out again, and getting to the dentist is very difficult for her. The staff who tried to transfer her from bed to the wheelchair had difficulty with the Hoyer lift; she said it hurt. She cried during the entire transfer. She had the bridge temporarily repaired again; I am worried that she is delaying necessary dental care because travel is so difficult for her, and she will have to see a periodontist to have root canals. She is terrified about accessibility issues, probably because of the problems at her former dentistís office. I will see her Friday, and I will try to convince her to have the treatment the dentist recommended.
I did not make great progress in August. Or maybe I DID make progress and Iím not seeing the results I wanted. I did not lose weight (but I also didnít gain). I DID keep up and increase my steady exercise, and increased my stretching and strength training. I had trouble sleeping and did not cut down on caffeine. I DID almost eliminate alcohols (I had 2 alcoholic beverages in the entire month WOO HOO!) I did pretty well at eliminating sweet snacks and desserts. I ate plenty of fruits and veggies, drank my water, adopted the vitamin and calcium habit religiously, and improved exercise.
My goals for September are:
1. Lose 6 pounds. I will continue weekly weigh-ins.
2. Work to reduce caffeine intake. I need to take this SERIOUSLY if I am going improve my sleep patterns!
3. Continue GERD related diet changes. No wine or alcohol; no rich desserts; no overeating.
4. Work to improve portion control. MEASURE portions.
5. Calcium and Vitamin D daily.
6. Weight bearing exercise daily; increase strength training; stretch 2-3 x weekly