Thursday, August 29, 2013
I know that here in the NE we a re a competitive bunch dare I say picky.... but there are so many races that seem to be popping up all over the place - how do you determine a "good" one?
Does anyone belong to a running club that certifies races? What is the criteria?
1. Preregistered fees offered for under $20 for 5k $25 for 10k, $50 for ½ $65 for full.
2. Safe clearly marked certified distance course.
3. Awards: 10 year age groups for races with 150 or less runners and all ten year age groups recognized by pre-registration. 5 year age groups 151 and up
4. Awards 2 deep for 75 + runners to 125, 3 deep for 126 +
5. Any race that uses the technology must award by net time for all awards other than overalls. Any race with more than 1,000 must have chip start and finish.
6. All advertised awards will be given on race day if the race is held.
7. Staffed Water stops 5k = 1, 10k = 2 , ½= 4, full = 8
Got any other ideas?