Thursday, August 29, 2013
Well, I finished the first round of antibiotics, and my toe was slightly better but not 100% healed. So I went in for a recheck on Tuesday, and the doctor gave me another 10 days of antibiotics, and scheduled me to remove the toenail.
So on Tuesday, Sept 3 I will go in for the "procedure" and to be honest, I'm freaked out and think I might faint. But they say they do it all the time and it's no big deal. They just numb the toe and all I should feel is pressure... Still oogs me out.
That being said, I need to take a break from running. At least until the infection is gone and my nail grows back to prevent reinfection. Who knows how long that will be. I still plan on doing the Tough Mudder, because we have already paid and have been looking forward to it all year. But my marathon and/or ultra marathon will have to wait until next year.
Kinda sad, but since I'm not emotionally attached to the joys of running, I think I'll survive!