Somehow we have fast-forwarded to 30 weeks pregnant! How did this happen? I feel like it was literally just yesterday that I pee'd on a stick... ok-- 5 sticks-- and got those lil positive signs. We are quickly gearing up here for the arrival of our lil guy who is scheduled to be here in 10 weeks. If he's anything like his mamma he'll be right on time, maybe a polite few minutes early. If he takes after his father... he'll be late because he'll get "stuck in traffic".
Mama and Daddy are both doing well. We have gotten a bunch of stuff done and are looking forward to our anniversary in a couple weeks and spending a couple of days alone together (without phones!)
Last Saturday was my first BABY SHOWER. It was back in my hometown and thrown by one of my very best friends who I've known since I was 5 years old. You've all met her before in the wedding pics from June. She is simply the
The shower was book themed and they did an awesome job of being creative with it! They set up books and had stuffed animals or lil displays of things that went with each one. We got bookmark placecards and even a lil bag of "bookworms" (gummy worms) to take home as a thank you. Everyone was encouraged to bring us a book for the baby. Here are a few pics from the day.
1. Me with the Hostess Raylene. 20 years of friendship- never gets old. I
2. Baby Quilt made by my Grandmother. Hands down the best gift we received. it is PRICELESS
3. One of the creative ways they used books.
4. New BFF rubber duckies. Daddy is especially fond of the football one
5. Cutest Gift Award: Cupcake Onesies! Came in a cake box, tied up with a bow with pacifiers on the end. So Cute! Thanks Auntie Kim (and Pinterest)!
6. All the awesome books we got
7. 4 Generations in this picture: and 2 of my favorite women: my Grandma K and my mamma. Baby is hiding in this pic because I'm sitting lol.
8. Me and my Beautiful Mamma.
30 week Stats:
Weight Gain: +13-15lbs (CW: 176-178*nochange): According to Dr I'm officially up 11lbs
Bump: yep getting bigger! still not BIG but measuring ok by Dr's standards
Movements: oh yeh! lil man is ACTIVE and I LOVE it...except that he's decided to start sitting a lil higher most of the time and breathing is getting a bit difficult at times
Names: still a secret
Cravings: nope not really. Still just enjoying the occasional treat or splurge.
Complications: Some occasional pain. Getting comfortable to sleep has become an adventure. Some minor swelling.
Coping Mechanisms: baths with olive oil + light walking + lots and lots of yoga
Labor Plans: Natural (we hope)
Next Appt- Sept 10th.
One last picture for this ULTRALONG blog. This is me with my mamma and one of her best friends from college- my Auntie Kim who surprised us both by driving down from Chicagoland for the shower!