Fluctuating weight loss
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
This isn't my daily blog but something I saw in newspaper someone may find useful. We have all had days when our weight has increased for an unexplained reason which may even result in us bingeing or even giving up.so here goes with reasons, some you might know others not.
1 calories- bit obvious
2 excess salt intake. 3 shakes of salt can add one pound of body weight. Body holds on to water in order to dilute excess sodium.
3. Water retention- can add 5 - 10 lbs solution is to drink more water not less
4. Constipation- drink more water, eat more fibre.
5.hormones- over 5 days pre-menstral women can gain 6lb.
6. The weather- low pressure on cloudy days can make bodies retain water
7. Drugs - ibrufrofen and steroids following long term use.
8. Sleep- tiredness slows metabolism and can boost appetite, as stress hormone Cortisol levels increase due to fatigue.
Hope somebody finds this useful. Perhaps you have other causes to add.