It's been awhile since I posted but that doesn't mean I haven't been working towards my goals. I've been doing my first round of P90X since June 17th. I am just finishing up Week 10 of 13 weeks!
But this week was especially hard. Long work hours, a few poorer food choices (drinking twice this week, generous second helpings a couple times) and lack of sleep/not enough water has resulted in a 3 pound fluctuation. And I realize I'm a bit devastated. Since my weigh-in yesterday, these thoughts have been running through my mind: I should just throw in the towel. I need to reassess the whole exercise program. I should just go binge on fast food. I need to just take a three week break. So, really, these three pounds weighs so heavily on me.
But why? When I really think about it and examine all the other measurements I've been taking since spring, I realize I have so many other numbers to track:
- I have lost 12 pounds since May 1st (6% of my body weight)
- I have lost almost 3" off waist, hips, thighs, arms, calf
- I have reduced my BMI by 1.8 (from 28.9, pretty close to obese to 27.1, well in midrange of overweight)
- I can fit in my high school choir dress (yup, still own it!)
- I have also been tracking my increase in weights and reps, including my ability to do assisted pull ups and push ups.
I have really been changing my body in the past few months. And, I have so many numbers to go by. While the scale is important, it's not the only thing to measure your success or goals by!
I know my fitness journey has only just begun. I have a lot more finish lines I want to cross, but just a friendly reminder to myself: Don't let one number get you down! Keep other ones in mind as well.
Yours in fitness~