Saturday, August 24, 2013
I pulled out the stitching that held on the goldwork, I did not pull off the goldwork, as it was firmly stiched at the ends and held down by flowers that I stiched over the ends of the goldwork.
AAAAARGH! The length of the first application was a wee bit longer than the probable restitching would take.
But, I did OK until I reached the end of the first row. I had nearly 1/2 inch more gold work than needed, and I could not detach the line of goldwork from underneath the lovely flower, so I had to trim it off on the surface of the piece. And stitch it down a bit more. I am concerned that the goldwork will draw away from the flower, and become a mess.
I am trying to figure out how to avoid this sort of thing in the future.
Each project is a learning lesson in disguise!!