Wednesday, August 21, 2013
1. Walking. When I first came to SparkPeople, I weighed 199 and was only able to walk a short distance without back pain. I stopped often, every 5 minutes to stretch my back just trying to get 15 minutes of walking in, Now, I'm able to complete a 5K without stopping at all in 50 minutes and have even begun incorporated jogging intervals. I love my morning walks/jogs in the fall and winter.
2. Sleeping. I had terrible insomnia when I first got here, unable to go to sleep for hours each night. I took the Official Better Sleep Challenge and now sleep at least 7 hours pretty consistently, falling asleep within minutes of hitting the pillow.
3. Just being out of bed. When I first got here, I laid in bed all day and night watching movies. Now, I'm active and out of bed. Except for my planned fitness, I'm still pretty sedentary, sitting at my computer all day but I no longer find it necessary to stay in bed.
4. Grocery Shopping. I love the produce section and the wide array of colors, textures, and tastes of the fruits and veggies (freggies). Before, I shopped in the aisles, buying junk food and highly proceessed foods.
5. Cooking by scratch. I love to cook by scratch now. I make SparkRecipes often. It used to be high calorie, high sodium, and high fat dinners as convenient as I could find frozen included.
6. Walk the puppies. This is way fun! My little chihuahuas are my walking buddies. They run by themselves trying to keep up with me. Poor puppies never got any exercise because I didn't.
7. Exercising, I remember getting a Special K workout video and couldn't get past the warm up without being out of breath and hurting. I ended up giving it away. This morning I worked out 47 minutes straight!
My life has gotten easier and more fun since becoming healthy and I know I'll have more ways the healthier I become!