Last week I can claim success in the sleep department, which means everything was easier. The weekend was a surprise and I got in only one walk/run and one strength training & pull up session. Everything else was right on track. I even advanced a bit in my pull up program as I did some negative pull ups (palms face away from body) which is much tougher than a chin up (palms face towards body)
Next week I’ll need to continue sleeping and waking early so I can get my 2x a week morning swim. I am finally moving to our new place, so things will change. It will probably take a bit to figure out a new normal. With that in mind, I’ll keep my goals simple this week. There is nothing new. I simply want to continue with these goals as I transition to a new normal.
1) Sleep 8 hours each night.
2) Swim for an hour 2x week.
3) Take a mental break at the new office gym 3x in a day, for ten minutes of cardio.
4) Continue the build-up to a pull-up, move to phase 2 (negative pull ups) 2-3x week
5) Strength training 2 or 3 times a week.
6) Run/Walk 2x a week for 30-60 minutes.
7) Pack tomorrow’s workout clothes, lunch, etc. the night before to make the morning easy.
This is the ninth article from the Mind Over Body series here on SparkPeople. The article describes how to surround ourselves with positive cues to get us to our goals. These include
1) Hang out with supportive people that are like minded with regards to my goals.
2) Put up reminders of your goals in places you will be sure to see them.
3) Tell everyone about your goals so that if you will be too embarrassed to go agains them.
4) Reward success and learn from failures without being too hard on yourself.