Wednesday, August 14, 2013
I've started writing on blogger - pretty much because I can do it easily from my phone. It's more of a daily food diary with a bit of commentary on life as I know it once in a while.
I wish Sparkpeople would make a feature where you can blog from your phone. (Said in my loud I'm-talking-to-myself-but-I-ho
pe-you-hear-me-voice - hint hint hint, SparkBosses!)
But because I've had this blog going on spark for a while and I like to come back here and reflect sometimes, I'll copy some posts over here. Here's my first post from close to 2 weeks ago:
It isn't about being cute anymore. It's just not.
I want to live. Plain and simple.
I was treating my body relatively irresponsible manner for a long time. Then something happened and I think I swallowed the state of Tennessee.
Time to clean all this junk out of my system.
A whole foods and predominantly plant based diet is the best choice for me. Is not everyone's cup of tea, I know. But I feel good when I eat that way.
I'm kicking this off with a 30 day cleanse; fruits, veggies, beans, nuts, herbs n spices.
Specifically I'll be avoiding
1. All processed foods ; exceptions for nutritional yeast, canned beans - for convenience, and some whole food organic curry sauces I have on hand from Seeds of Change (does that even count as processed??)
2. All meats, dairy and other animal products. Not that I'm against eating meat or all "Animals are out friends, not food". Nope, I like a good steak as much as the next person. I just feel like we eat entirely too much meat. And for the purpose of this cleanse, I'll be leaving it off.
3. Wheat and rice. These are trigger foods for me to overeat. Best to avid for the time being. I will have the occasional serving of oats. For whatever reason oatmeal doesn't set me off and I enjoy it from time to time in a breakfast smoothie or with fruit and almond milk.
4. All added sugar. No explanation needed, right?
5. All added salt. I swell like nobody's business. Time to take a sodium beak.
6. Coffee. I'll opt for green tea as my caffeine fix for now. Coffee is like a dessert to me. Sugar, vanilla and lots o'cream. Not just that, but is my drug of choice. That'll be a therapy session for another day, though.
So here we go. Today is Streak Day #1.
Thanks for reading. And thanks for your unwavering support, Sparkers.
If you feel like reading more, you can stop over at addysgettinfit.blogspot.com.