I celebrated my 1 year Sparkiversary yesterday.
So much has happened during this year. Here is what I have learned while I have been here.
1. I learned that I had been over eating. I ate the wrong foods and a lot of them.
2. I had to relearn how to eat in a healthy manner. I had the knowledge but I needed to put it to use.
3. The only way to have safe weight loss is through exercise and eating right. Don't tell my doctor that I admitted this as he will get a big head over it.
4. I need to measure my food as my idea of what a serving size is isn't always accurate.
5. Fruits and veggies are not the enemies.
6. Exercise is actually quite nice. I try to do something daily. I have also learned that I love the elliptical and aqua jogging. I'm even running now.
7. I did not put the weight on over night and should not expect it to come off that way. It took me over 17 years to get to my highest weight. I know I will have fluctuations and I am learning to not let it ruin my day if I have a higher day.
8. I need the daily interaction of Spark. I look forward to posting on the boards and reading the blogs.
9. I look forward to participating in the challenges.
10. I learned that not everyone will be happy with my decision to become healthy. Some people are jealous over my weight loss and some just don't understand. Well, that is ok because I am doing it for me.
I went from 211 pounds to 134
Waist 39.5 to 27.5 inches
Hips 47 to 34.5 inches
Thigh 24 to 15 inches
Arm 12 to 8.5 inches
Waist to hip ratio .85 to .79
I lost a total of 77 pounds and 37 inches
I went from a size 18 to a size 5.
I am thrilled that I have the tools to continue on my healthy journey. Thanks to everyone who has joined me on this journey. I thank all of you for your love and support. Here is to another great and healthy year.