Weird, that's the first time I've managed to double post on a computer, as opposed to when using this site on a phone. Oh well, excuse to unload spare thinks.
1) Weight has stabilized at 193ish. I'm not gaining 5 pounds this month, which is, self evidently, a good thing. Now where does it go from here? Find out we shall.
2) Exercise is minimal. Need to keep that up a notch or twelve.
3) Been sickish for the better part of ten days. Or, more accurately, getting sick on day 1, knocked the frak out day two, recovering day three, human day 4, decent day 5, woah, allergies day 6, 7, tired day 8, woah sniffles day 9 and tired day ten. The lack of sleep which is manifesting again tonight might mean a tired day 11, but if it proceeds without the sniffles, I'll take it.
4) grateful for employment tonight. not only for not having it most of last year (put it this way, I've had more withheld in taxes so far in 4-5 months than I earned all of last year. It's a slightly better place to be), but also from the point of view that it can all be fleeting. The trip to the hancock building was to celebrate a colleague who had her contract cut by the organization (she is not with the company supplying most of the consultants on her particular project, and was deemed expendable when a budget squeeze came.) I figure I'll be told in the next couple of weeks that I won't be renewed when my own contract ends in 6 weeks, but that's better than expecting to be somewhere for a certain amount of time and then being told you're not needed.
5) still don't feel like I deserve this bit of fortune, but I'll keep trying to earn it, y'know?
6) more Ryan Michaels Band, "Torture". Come to think of it, the last time I chatted with Ryan might have been when his SF Giants and my Detroit Tigers faced off in the World Series last October.
7) Whoever called it lucky "seven" must not have been a craps player.
8) White Heat: the reference in the previous blog title. Or subsequent blog title, if I picked the most recent one to re-edit with these thoughts. Jimmy Cagney quote as the flick ends. Awesome movie!
Don't watch if you don't want to know the ending!
9) good night...for real this time! I swear!