Tuesday, August 13, 2013
We got in at midnight on Sunday, and I had to work on Monday for a faculty training. It was a great day for seeing colleagues and learning about the challenges ahead. However, in my rush, I didn't eat much breakfast, and I had a working meeting during lunch, so I didn't eat much. I had people to talk to as well. So, I ended up getting indigestion from the juice I drank. My stomach has been cramping up too, and I'm not sure if it's my stomach telling me something is off in my life or something else. It seems to cramp up during stressful situations, but I don't feel stressed out or agitated. It's weird.
Today, I am eating a small breakfast (as I type my blog), and I am taking my own sack lunch. Yesterday, I also opted to make dinner, but tonight, I am leaving that up to my husband, so I can hit the gym for a couple of hours. The training is done early afternoon, so that will give me time to play with my son and also work on a presentation for Thursday.
I actually have short term goals for the week, one part of a larger goal. I decided to cut down on my entertainment addiction and any other overconsumption that is not food related, so I am trying not to watch Netflix during my work days. Here are my goals for the week in addition to the top four I have been working on.
(1) Eat three meal a day, preferably no more than 400 calories each.
(2) Exercise at least 60 minutes a day.
(3) Get motivated!
(4) Work on happiness levels consistently throughout the day.
(5) Rest the eyes and limit T.V. and Netflick watching during work days. (Don't switch one tech addiction for another tech or entertainment addiction.)
(6) Do the minimum house cleaning every day (beds, kitchen, toys, and overly mucky floors)
(7) Practice unexpected acts of kindness.
On a total side note, my sister bought me my cowboy boots (yay), but I decided the rewards, the internal and spiritual rewards that come from these changes will suffice. Plus, we finally did the budget, and we have no money to spend anyway for the next two weeks, possibly the next couple of months. I am O.K. with that too.