Friday, May 04, 2007
This in response to a challenge from the 20-lb. Support Group, to list 10-20 reasons to lose weight. I'm trying to focus more on getting healthier, with weight loss being a big part of that.
1) I want to be a good role model to my children, the way my mother has been to me. If they see me exercising, eating well, and having fun, then they will be influenced to do the same.
2) I want to lose my pregnancy pounds -- I'm sick of people asking when the baby's due! He's 10 weeks old now! Although I realize that it will take time.
3) I want to recover function in my abs and core now that I am post partum again.
4) Most of my belly dance performiance costumes are fitted to my pre-pregnancy size. I want to return to performing again, and I'd like this to serve as my motivation, rather than just altering the costumes to fit me as is.
5) I want more energy to be able to keep up with a very active toddler, and a soon to be active infant.
6) I want to be healthy and happy into old age, and the chance at getting there! i want to see my kids grow up and have their own kids, and I want to be an active part of their lives for as long as i can.
7)I want more choices for clothing and costumes. Plus-sizes are harder to find, and there is less selection.
8) I want someone to say "Wow, I can't believe you have had 2 kids!"
9) We're probably done with having kids now that we have 2, BUT on the off-chance that we do decide to have a 3rd, I would like to get down to a healthy size again first.
10) And the last reason is because being healthy is the best gift I can give myself and the people who love me!