Thursday, August 08, 2013
On this journey there seem to be 3 very important things. First is why, second is how and if those are not motivational enough there is the "Just do it"
1. I want good blood sugar control.
2. I want to feel better about my body.
3. I want cute clothes.
4. I want to have energy.
5. I would love to impress my children with my success.
6. I want to be healthier.
7. I really want to show myself and others that I can.
8. I want to be able to talk with a doctor about ankle surgery without my weight being an issue.
9. I want to be strong, both physically and mentally.
10. Because I CAN!!!
1. Plan my food and then eat according to my plan.
2. Track. I have been resisting this. So I can fool myself about what I eat. This stops NOW.
3. Take my meds. regularly.
4. Exercise also according to my plan.
5. Do something creative everyday. It calms me.
6. Read daily. It feeds my intelligence.
7. Spend some time in spiritual contemplation.
8. Continue with Beck.
If all everything seems to pile up against me it is time to "Do it"
I know that eating off plan is bad for me. I know that exercising helps me. I know that for now I am embracing elimination of sugar to get back on track because moderation is not working.
I am strong. I can do hard things. This is not a matter of strength but a matter of commitment. I am committed to losing this weight even if I keep forgetting. I am getting right back on track.
I am stronger than the sugar. . . I want to stop damaging my body. I know that sugar does not taste or feel as good as I think it will.
I will do what I have set out to do.