Wednesday, August 07, 2013
Now that i'm back from holidays i am thinking forward again and determining my next steps and small wins to meet my goal of losing 10 kilos by the end of this year. The holiday was great, I had fun, did heaps of walking (sore feet everyday!), ate fairly well, avoided alcohol and didn't put on any weight. So all positives there.
In analysing what I have learnt so far here is my toolkit of resources to get me to my goal this year:
- primal recipes and eating
- basic bodyweight exercises
- intermittent fasting (IF)
- my local gym
- my walking buddy
- rewarding myself / celebrate small wins
- sparkpeople teams
- the 80/20 rule / not letting perfect be the enemy of good
Now that i've made a nice little summary of what i can use, the next steps i am going to focus on are:
- walking at least around the block 6 times per week (every night after work) to establish the habit. the easier i make it and the more road blocks i remove the likelier the habit is to stick!
- making lunch for work
After that habits to look at are:
- gym twice per week
- longer walk
- meal planning
- running program
The most important thing to remember in changing habits for me is that 'I CAN DO IT'! Self belief seems to be a critical factor for me. Maybe its the same for everyone. I often over think and over analyse information and don't act because i don't REALLY think that i can change. And if someone else says something then i fall way off the wagon. sad but true.