Last week I ate a few too many greasy foods because I was tired and sleepy and I probably underestimated the foods’ caloric impact. In addition, I skipped a couple of days of workouts and I had way too much wine on Saturday and Sunday. Maybe I was celebrating that I met one of my year’s goals: to run a mile in one shot. (Also I was celebrating my new house!)
In any case, my belly was puffy on Monday. Luckily, I corrected course in time to not lose the ground I’ve gained in the last few weeks. I ran another mile in one shot on Monday to show myself it wasn’t a fluke. All in all it was a neutral week, weigh wise, and it is time to keep the boat in the right direction ALL WEEK.
My main goals for the week are to sleep well and to burn calories. Specific ways to achieve this:
1) Limit coffee to one cup, at half strength, with breakfast each day.
2) Take a mental break at the new office gym 3x in a day, for ten minutes of cardio.
3) Wake up early each week day and get a 60 minute workout.
4) Go to bed by 10pm each night.
5) Swim 2x a week. Swimming is my greatest cardio burn. I can’t run fast enough, long enough to get a burn that way. I must swim.
6) Continue the build-up to a pull-up. 3x week
7) Strength training 2 or 3 times a week.
8) Run/Walk 2x a week for 30-60 minutes.
That’s eight items. That is plenty for the week. I’m going to print this out and post it in my office, so I can track my progress each day.
To continue learning about healthy topics:
Read and reflect on article “Give Yourself a Reality Checkup”