2,500-3,999 SparkPoints 3,785

Scream Weight"!

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

I'm a little bummed with my weigh in this morning. I gained 2 lbs. in a week! I am now 1.8 lbs. over my goal weight and .2 away from my "scream weight". My main concern is that after I recorded my "all time lowest weight" (in 18 years), I've continued to gain (4 lbs. in 2 months).

It's certainly not a disaster, but worthy of some concern. It could be just a "trick" of the scale, but more than likely it's because the bad habits are creeping back in.

But I'm a busy mother of 3 girls, I work full time and my husband has a "wonky" schedule and often works 2 jobs and 6-7 days a week! How am I supposed to eat right and exercise?! Well, this has been my challenge for almost 18 years and is not likely to change anytime soon, so I need to continue with all the good "healthy living habits" I have: almost always a healthy breakfast & lunch, always get in at least 5 freggie servings a day and always drink my water.

My challenge is healthy dinners, mindless snacking and getting in the exercise.

I had planned to run on Friday, but when DD#2 and I got home from volleyball (she had practice and I had a parent meeting), DH had ordered pizza, so I ate that instead and "vegged" on the couch.

I slept in a little on Saturday morning and DH and I had a nice breakfast (he went to work @ 2). I had some "birthday coupons" to use, so DD#2 & 3 and I went to the mall (DD#1 had to work) to shop for back to school clothes. We left at 2:30 and didn't get home until after 7! It was a lot of walking around (my feet actually hurt!) and since I didn't have lunch, I had some leftover pizza! I'm also sure I snacked that night because I was tired (see a trend here).

We got up early on Sunday to go to the waterpark for my birthday. We were supposed to pick up DD#2 & 3's friends and then pick up DD#1's boyfriend (who lives close to the waterpark). DH went to wake up DD#1 and apparently she had been up all night because she "broke up" with her boyfriend of 9 months (a lifetime for a 17 year old). Anyway, she was upset and didn't want to go because (a) she was upset and tired and (b) he was supposed to go with us. She said she was ok and wanted to sleep a little longer. Apparently the boyfriend had "cheated" on her and his ex-girl friend had sent her some "tweets" to that effect - major teenage drama.

Anyway, we got to the waterpark early (since we didn't have to pick up the scum bag boyfriend) and was able to ride all of the slides a couple of times before it started to get crowded. It was a lot of walking and climbing of stairs & hills. I also did an obstacle course (a big inflated course that the waterpark had set-up in the lake). It was really fun and hard. A couple of times I had to pull myself up using my upper body (which has no strength), but I was able to do it and go down the big slide! Not bad for an almost 53 year old! We had a really nice late lunch at the waterpark and then we rented a paddleboard for DD#2 & 3 and friends to use on the lake. It looked pretty fun, but DH and I were tired, so we walked back to our chairs we had set up in the shade and rested! I took a couple of dips in the wave pool and had an Italian ice.

We stayed for almost 8 hours, so we were tired. DD#1 had spent the day hanging out with friends, so she was doing better when we got home.

I took Monday off for my 53rd Birthday! DH made me a great breakfast and I was planning to spend the day relaxing! DD#1 was still in the "dumps", so I took her and DD#2 shopping (back to the mall)! Not exactly how I wanted to spend the day, but she needed some "retail therapy" and it was actually a nice time. DH got stuck at the car detail place for 2 hours (he was getting my Suburban detailed for my birthday!) so I had to take DD#2 to volleyball practice. DD#1 took off to a pool party with friends and then a bunch of them were going to spend the night at another friend's house for a "bash the boyfriend" party.

DH was still stuck at the detail place and wanted to go by the grocery store to pick up stuff for my birthday dinner. He was going to take DD#3 to open house, so I picked up DD#2 from practice. When we got home, my Mom & Dad and sisters were there for a birthday dinner. It was a very nice day, but not as relaxing as I had planned!

I ate my healthy breakfast and packed my lunch for work yesterday (I love routine!). DD#1 took DD#2 to practice and then she was going home with a friend to spend the night after practice, DD#3 had a friend spend the night and DH was working late and we had a lot of great left overs for dinner. So, I had the perfect opportunity to go run! I lounged around instead and then decided to cut grass.

The main reason for this extremely long blog is to journal my activities for the past week. I know I have a busy schedule and when I get stressed and "off" routine, I find myself snacking mindlessly and not exercising.

I really do love a routine. The girls start back to school tomorrow, so it might take a little while to get back to a new school routine. DD#1 & 2 will be a Senior and a Sophomore and DD#1 will be driving them to school and then she leaves early. DD#2 has volleyball and then basketball, so she won't be taking the bus for a while. DD#3 will be in 7th Grade and her schedule is pretty much the same as last year.

I really do see some exercise opportunities since I don't have to get up as early, I can do some things in the morning and then my afternoons will be free right after work.

DH and I are going to start back to putting together a meal plan, so that's a good thing too!

Anyway, I'm not "screaming" yet and I know what I have to do!
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post

    Be the First to Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by COACHMOMMY