tracking and jokrd
Tuesday, August 06, 2013
Tracking I AM SUSPOSED TO TRACK ALL MY FOOD THIS Week. Well cats and fellow spark pal hear a confession I do track on mfp my fitness pal but not all the time and not as well as i shoudl.. . But I make a promise to myself and to my team that I would my best during my challenge . I can’t promise everything will get in the computer but I will write down everything and find the calorie when I can, I urge e all my fellow non counter to tried a week of it
Five reason to track food or count calorie
1, Counting calories is the easiest “method” to learn.
Counting calories means making sure the amount of calories you eat in any given day is less than what you need by about 500 calories for most folks.
2. Counting calories is practical and sustainable for a lifetime.
What happens when the meeting stop? What happens when you stop buying the pre-packaged meals, meal plans, etc? With most diet scams programs you’re taught how to spend money or how to eat select types of food. This is hard and expensive to do day in,
3. Allows you to enjoy your favorite foods and still lose weight.
While it’s true that all calories are not created equal and there’s more to be concerned about than just calories, if you want to have a couple of slices of pizza one night, or birthday cake at your daughter’s birthday party, you can do so “responsibly” and still say you’re living a healthy lifestyle
4. The best reason to keep track of your daily calories is to get a better handle on what you are actually eating. Research has shown that many people underestimate their daily calorie consumption by as much as 25%. For a 1500 calorie diet, this can mean an extra 375 calories a day. Over the course of a week, this adds up to 2625 calories which is almost a pound of fat (1 lb of fat contains 3000 calories.) And the more processed and fast food people eat, the easier it is to consume more calories than your body needs.
5. keeping track of your food will quickly show you that there are certain foods like vegetables that you can eat large volumes of without significantly impacting your total energy consumption for the day. And since these low-calorie foods are often some of the best for you, it will encourage you to eat more of them.
Doctor's stories-You can't make this stuff up. (Sometimes the truth is funnier than fiction!)
At the beginning of my shift I placed a stethoscope on an elderly and slightly deaf female patient's anterior chest wall. "Big breaths," I instructed. "Yes, they used to be," remorsed the patient.
I was performing a complete physical, including the visual acuity test. I placed the patient twenty feet from the chart and began, "Cover your right eye with your hand." He read the 20/20 line perfectly.
"Now your left." Again, a flawless read.
"Now both," I requested.
There was silence. He couldn't even read the large E on the top line. I turned and discovered that he had done exactly what I had asked; he was standing there with BOTH his eyes covered. I was laughing too hard to finish the exam
And of course, the best is saved for last.... I was caring for a woman from Kentucky and asked, "So how's your breakfast this morning?"
"It's very good, except for the Kentucky Jelly. I can't seem to get used to the taste," the patient replied.
I then asked to see the jelly and the woman produced a foil packet labeled "KY Jelly!"
Exercise alone provides psychological and physical benefits. However, if you also adopt a strategy that engages your mind while you exercise, you can get a whole host of psychological benefits fairly quickly.
- James Rippe
Fitness – if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body.
Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate.
A good goal is like a strenuous exercise – it makes you stretch.
Nothing’s better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you.
If you exercise your mind, you’re not going to get sick.
I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting.
- Mark Twain
Commit to be fit.
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the
- Barbara Hoffman
The future you see is the future you get.
- RPeople often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.
- Zig Ziglar
You are what you are and you are where you are because of what has gone into your mind. You change what you are and you change where you are by changing what goes into your mind.
- Zig Ziglar
obert G Allen