I had a great workout today! :)
I'm still on my home vacation, so I have the time to do all of this, don't be jealous I am going back to work in a few days and I surely won't have time for 2 hours a day of workouts after that. :(
So today I tried to mix it up, I tried to make it fun, I tried to burn as many calories as I could without hurting my knee (with which I have problems...), I tried to work on flexibility, and booooy did I succeed! :)
My plan is to do 1 hour cardio + 1 hour yoga.
For my level of fitness 1 hour of cardio is enough right now, I don't want to do more partly because of my knees and partly because it's more tiring for the body, more than 1 hours is a stress factor and right now I'm focusing on getting balance, peace, clarity and energy into my life, rather than training like an animal and draining my energy sources - if that makes sense... Also, 1 hour is a pretty good amount of time, isn't it?!
And the 1 hour of yoga is so so important for me, I started doing yoga recently, the videos of the wonderful Teshia Maher from Canada. She's the first online yoga teacher that I can watch without getting bored!!! She's HERSELF, if you know what I mean, she's not the pro teacher who makes DVDs and has that fake smile or fake attitude or fake push, she's REAL! Anyway, here's how today looked like:
- 10 minutes YOGA to warm myself up, to stretch my body a little bit, not too much, it's just a warm up yet.
- 20 minutes EASY CARDIO: Coach Nicole has these videos on SP, they're called 11-Minute Chair (!) Cardio Workout. Now I know that many of you might think that a seated exercise is not a real exercise, but I wanted to take it easy in the first 20 minutes, and trust me, it IS burning those calories. Also, in the last few minutes I modified and I stood up to do jumping jacks, which, as we all know, BURN! :)
- 12-Minute Low Impact Cardio Workout: from SP videos as well. Low impact again, but this too burns!!
- here's the fun part: 16 minutes of dancing to BEYONCE music videos (specifically Run the world, Get me bodied and Grown woman). This was really fun, I was improvising but watching at the music video on Youtube in the meantime trying to catch some moves (if I could).
- 14-Minute Cardio Dance Workout. This is basically a Bollywood type of dance, with unusual moves for someone who's used to western workout DVDs.
- 50 minutes YOGA with Teshia. 50 minutes is a long time but it flied away because you're focused on getting the best form ,best posture, biggest benefits, and also you're listening INSIDE - it's the perfect ending for an intensive workout! Also, because my body is very warmed up from all the cardio, I'm also more flexible and it's a great feeling that I can go deeper into the postures!
All of this - according to SP's fitness tracker - equals burning 743 calories - which I'm really happy about!! :) I know that there are workouts that burn this much not in 2 hours but in 1 (!) but as I said, I'm not trying to burn out, I'm trying to listen inside and my inside :) says that this structure of workouts works best for me right now! :)
Happy Monday everyone!