Sunday, August 04, 2013
On January 1st I posted a blog detailing some areas in my life I want to focus on this year. Another goal I have is to take a few minutes at the end of each month and see how I did. Don't want my goals to be forgotten as the year wears on.
1. Continue to exercise and eat well - Got my 1000 minutes of exercise in this month. Have been eating healthy foods, just too much of them. Trying to focus on portions and limiting alcohol. I gained 5 lbs in June and have gotten 1 or 2 of them off.
2. Be productive at the office and at home - I did well here in July. Will try to really fine tune it in August. I have set a monthly house work minutes goal since it seems to work so well with exercise. Think I'll do something weekly for the office. It is hard to have something set in stone though as I'm often working outside the office.
3. More quality time with the girls - Did really great here this month. Taking the girls to the pool and have spent a lot of time with them outside, playing in the street. They finally learned to ride their bikes with no training wheels! We also got the easy bake oven out a few times. It makes me insane, but they love it.
4. Pay off debt - Another month of not making any progress here. Work has been slow (I'm self-employed). August is always a big spending month, so I don't have much hope for paying down anything in August.
5. Encourage others - DH is exercising again. I'm encouraging him. I'm also encouraging Mom and SIL to move more. I find that exercise and nutrition come up in lots of my conversations and I always try to have an encouraging attitude. "You can do it! Baby steps."
6. Patience - Hit and miss here this month. Mom has been in a funk lately and I often lose patience with her because she won't get out of the house and move. But I've been patient and encouraged her to do things that will make her feel better. Not much patience with DH. He has spent more money than I've like in July, and instead of talking to him, I've mostly ranted and gotten pissy. Will work on this in August.
August is always a hectic crazy month. DH and the girls are back to school and the girls birthday is this month. Will really have to focus on my goals in addition to all the extra tasks.