This is a blog I happened across that gave me some moments of fun and fantasy. I thought I'd repost here just for the halibut!
The original member's blog didn't have her responses, but mine does.
Put your imagination beanie on --
Fill in your answers!
"Re posting something I put up a week or so ago just for fun but soon afterwards deleted.
On second thought, however, I bring it back.
…you have just won a $700-million lottery (!), which means after taxes (damn IRS) you now have about $350 million to do with whatever you please.
Allowing yourself to be totally self-absorbed, please list 10 things you would definitely do now for yourself. Keep in mind, the list does not have to be PRIORITY things to do or even the very first ten things you would do – These are just 10 things that might ‘quickly’ come to your mind to do just for YOURSELF right after you have learned that you are now rich. "
1. Put a load of the winnings into a trust which would pay me a “salary” to cover our needs and wishes – maybe about $5K per month for life
2. Get a kitty to fill the empty spot left in my life after the last one died of old age
3. Have a personal assistant (?) to drive me around and help me in pursuing wishes and needs (I’m disabled… this is a big challenge for me!)
4. Go on a really long cruise
5. Build a custom home – not extravagant - preferably a small estate farm where we could raise our own food (with staff to manage it, naturally!)
6. Buy or build a couple seasonal vacation homes
7. Hire a great staff for those homes
8. Commission a custom RV to go between!
9. Have an awesome library
10. Get more education on a variety of subjects
"OK, now list 10 things you would do for others – people you actually know. Keeping in mind that the list does not have to be about PRIORITY stuff to do, or even the very first ten things you would do. The list represents just 10 things that might quickly come to mind to do for others right after learning you are now RICH! "
These aren’t all for people I know… is this “cheating?” !?!
1. Pay mortgages off for family members who have them
2. Set up a trust for “Mom,” so she isn’t scrimping and worrying about ever having to leave her home, or maintaining it
3. Set up trusts for the nephews and nieces; but only to pay basic living expenses until they’ve learned to earn and manage their own!
4. Take the whole fam-damly on a long vacation!
5. Buy my friend a home they can live comfortably in, with a small trust set up for basic needs
6. Build a rental/leased home community (homes? apartments?) which would include family garden plots, and maybe small livestock
7. Start an assistance-pet or rescue service to work with “unhomeable” discarded animals, and to benefit those who can’t afford the expensive commercial providers
8. Open a truly healthy restaurant – with a REAL chef
9. Open a school based upon the railways (ie, on a custom train), getting kids out into our real history, and teaching REAL life skills
10. Open a clothing store that carries attractive garb styled for us – and a seamstress in-house to alter anything it sells! Custom-designed clothing, perhaps. And shoes!