Saturday, August 03, 2013
Copied from JULIAMOONCHILD
OK, you have just won a 700 million dollar lottery (!), which means after taxes (damn IRS) you now have about 350 million dollars to do with whatever you please. Anyway, allowing yourself here to be totally, as in 100% completely, self-absorbed, please list 10 things you would definitely do now for yourself. Keep in mind, the list does not have to be PRIORITY things to do or even the very first ten things you would do. These are just 10 things that might quickly come to your mind to do just for YOURSELF right after you have learned that you are now rich.
1. Lasik surgery, I hate wearing glasses
2. Schedule some dental work, take care of a few things that bug me
3. Buy a house on a few acres with separate guest quarters
4. Buy some of my favorite cars (used of course!) Aston Martin, a DB9 or Vantage; Bentley
Continental GT, Range Rover
5. Buy some new clothes, including a couple of nice suits
6. Take my dream vacation: Meandering throughout Europe, with no schedule. I'd hire an
attractive woman who was a history major or at least a history buff to be my tour guide.
She would show me all of the best places to see in Europe, with the best history. No
tourist traps for me. This would take probably 3 months, maybe more. By the end of the
trip my tour guide will have fallen in love with me, and me with her. Hey, it's my dream
7. Pay off any and all debts I have
8. Buy land in other states besides Kaliforniastan
9. Build a wicked home gym
I was going to do a separate list for things that I would do for others, but I decided to just add it on here at the end of the original list.
1. Give my parents money to do all of the remodeling that they want to do on their home
2. Donate money to the church that I irregularly attend. Also donate to any churches that
friends of mine attend and a large donation to my parents favorite church, a little
husband and wife operation in Kona, Hawaii where they hold services on the beach.
3. Give my brother enough money to buy a house and furnish it
4. Give money to friends, less to those who are doing well, more to those with needs
5. give money to animal shelters and rescue operations
6. Help people that want to start their own businesses
7. Load many thousands of dollars onto my Starbucks card and pay for everyone's drinks
at my favorite Starbucks for a day
8. Give money to worthy causes when I see them
9. Help people that are always busy helping others