Saturday, August 03, 2013
Today I am feeling the "toxic guilt." The past few days, I have been eating more than I should have and I did not track my food all week. I 'm pretty sure I have PMS. This morning I weighed myself and I was up 1.5 lbs., the first time i have gained since April. I know in my head it is water weight and it's no big deal... but today was the first weigh in for my summer challenge and I am ashamed that I have gained. I feel terrible. I have been justifying and arguing in my head all day about it.
I have been re- reading some Spark articles about guilt and getting back on track.
I will list here some positive thoughts to negate the @^!*storm of negativity in my head.
1. It's a small bump in the road. Keep going.
2. You can't fail if you don't give up.
3. Every day is a chance to start again.
4. I have already lost 22 lbs. Woo Hoo!
5. Everyone has bad days or bad weeks, even those who have lost over 100 lbs. They just kept going.
6. I am a human, therefore not perfect, just like everyone else.
7. Expecting perfection is a losing game.
8. It's a marathon, not a sprint. One week's weight is inconsequential.
9. I want this (health) more than I want to give in to my urges to eat.
10. I always come back anyways, it will be so much better to come back now rather than in a year.
11. I am doing this to save my life, it is important.
12. I can do this.