Saturday, August 03, 2013
Flexibility hasn't changed much since Week Four so I'm stepping up my focus on that over the next four weeks.
No huge changes in the Fit Test either, so there's another area of focus.
BLC22 Goals and progress to date
- 300FMs weekly - On or above target all eight weeks
- Continue tracking and staying with in range - it's the only way I succeed - also on target
- Continue improving my upper body strength by incorporating regular ST in my work outs - So far, so good
- OWN the 160s! I've been playing with 168-171 during break so I'm more than ready - down 3.6 pounds. Not there yet but that's my goal for July- JULY UPDATE!!! The 160s ARE MINE!
- Schedule more variety in my workout routine. I tend to get stuck on running and forget how much I enjoy other activities - I've incorporated more ST, as well as biking and kayaking JULY UPDATE - my FMs have been focused more on physical labor on the farm the past few weeks. Lots more time spent sweating as a result. Fence repair includes ST,squats and endurance, and its getting the job done for me on the scale as well.
- Complete at least two additional half marathons, as well as an 18.12 Challenge, in addition to some local 5Ks. So far this year I've logged three 4 mile Frozen Foote Races, Jan-Mar, and a HM in both April and May. - On June 9, 2013, I upgraded one of those "additional" HM to a FULL marathon and completed in in 6:35:31 !!!! Skipped out on the other HM since it was only a few weeks after the full. Committed to the 18.12 in September and looking at one or two 5Ks this month. JULY UPDATE - less focus on actual distance running and more focus on building and strengthening core and leg muscles. With August comes my return to putting in the miles as I prep for the 18.12 Challenge early September.
To recap, my biggest milestone by far for July was reaching AND OWNING the 160s. My goal for the final 4 weeks of BLC22, is to claim 165, and since I'm DONE with the yoyo effect of 12 weeks on with BLC and then slacking off and losing ground EVERY BREAK, I've committed, along with ALL MY SHERIFFS, to 24/7/365!