Update on the rebuilding of my house...
Friday, August 02, 2013
It is still up in the air so to speak. The air so to speak is how high I will have to go. FEMA Maps will not be carved in stone till Sept. 27th so I am still playing the waiting game. Laughing is better than
I am trying to deal with this the best I can.
My insurance agent is telling me not to do anything till we know if I have to be 14 feet above sea level or 9 feet. I am currently at 6.3 . My gutted home is just sitting there waiting on this info and for the grants to come in to rebuild my home and to elevate it. No chance of me doing anything till the grants come in so no worries there. I have applied for a grant of up to $150.000 to rebuild and am waiting on approval.
My insurance agent also tells me if NJ gets hit with a damaging hurricane again this year, the elevations will be even higher.