Friday, August 02, 2013
Today's challenge is 10 things I like about myself - both for appearance and other qualities.
Let's start with appearance:
1. My eyes are big and blue and pretty!
2. I used to not like how tall I am, but now I love it
3. My feet aren't huge for how tall I am
4. My legs are nice and long
5. My hands look pretty, long and lean
6. My hair grows fast, thick, and fine.
7. I like my long neck!
8. I like my jawline/chin - it's strong enough. :)
9. I like how small my chest is - I think it's attractive and is nice for buying clothes.
10. I like the bone structure of my face and the fact that it allows me to carry of a variety of hairstyles well, especially my favorite - the pixie. :)
1. I am optimistic - always looking at the positive.
2. I have a natural faith - I question a lot, but I am able to move forward and believe and trust fairly well.
3. I forgive quickly and easily - I tend toward resolution
4. I have a great musical talent
5. I am a natural rower
6. I love to learn
7. I'm pretty good with little kids
8. I am pretty good at teaching people things
9. I am good at drawing and other artistic things
10. I love to laugh!
So the journal prompt also asks about which list was harder or easier to come up with. I am not sure! They were very similar for me. I was good for about 5-7 things on each list, but after that I had to think hard. I think appearance was a LITTLE easier just because it's finite and you can think across your body if you're stuck. :) With the inner qualities, it could be anything! So when I was stuck it was harder to think of more. I think I feel more strongly about the inner qualities though. They are each more meaningful and give me so much more to appreciate and enjoy in life than anything about my outward appearance.