Thursday, August 01, 2013
I thought today I would BLOG about the little things I am thankful for from the Month of July into August:
Thank you for the little things that I experienced in July. For example:
- Thanks for Vacation time. Time away from the job with DH is always a blessing. Even tho I gained 3 pounds I got the chance to learn to accept all things with grace and dignity and the chance to start again.
- Thanks for safety pins. They let me hold up my suit pants when the executives came into town for the mid-year service review without having to buy new suits.
- OH YEAH and thanks for the 20 pounds lost that made me need the safety pins! LOL
- Thanks for giving me a new month to make new goals and try new challenges in my Spark Teams. For August I will try to get 465,000 steps which would be an all time record for me.
- Thanks for my health and giving me a great doctor 2 years ago that put my broken leg back together. 8 in titanium plate and 7 screws later I am still able to get my daily walk inn and lose this fat!
- Thanks for Spark People and all of my new friends! Couldn't do this without them!
- Thanks for that stupid guy that told me not to throw my baggy pants away cause I was just gonna gain the weight back. He thought he was making himself look better by belittling me. All he accomplished was to strengthen my resolve and PROVE HIM WRONG!!
- Thanks for P!NK for making my 2.5 mile walks more enjoyable.
- Thanks for a boss who lets me work from home most of the time. It is easier to get moving during a conference call while at home then at my desk in the office.
- And most of all thanks for You. Your strength when mine is waning makes all of the difference!
Here is to August my friends! New month - new goals - new opportunities to continue this journey that we have chosen for ourselves!
Keep on Keeping on!