Monday, July 29, 2013
Feeling rather scattered and stressed out this week. Didn't get as much exercise and activity as I'd hoped over the weekend, and the scale didn't budge as a result. Plus, I drank some beers—six in all over four days. Beer is so caloric, it's ridiculous. (Shouldn't be—it's mostly water! Whose idea was that, anyway?)
Time to focus on some positives, I think.
- Good workout today. I did the workout that was on the board (10 sets of 50 reps) and then did 55 minutes on the elliptical.
- I'm actually going to be around all week, so I made a commitment to go to the gym every day for the next ten days. Only made it in 3 days last week, and by Saturday/Sunday I was really feeling lazy.
- Went "shopping" in the old skinny clothes bins over the weekend, and everything fit except for three pairs of jeans and about five tops. Yay, "new" clothes!
- I've cut down to half a cup of coffee a day. It's a start.
- Food choices are going well today. I'm going to have lots of yummy veggies for dinner.
Stress is such a saboteur. I think I'll go put on some of my skinny jeans and try to distract myself for a while.