30-Day Challenge = Becoming an Advocate of my own health 07/27/13
Take my meds every day
Walk & Jog to expand lungs and help meds work better
Drink water daily and add crystal lite to it sometimes.
Eat for the first time in control of food portions.
Write down what I eat to obtain a better success rate
it sounds simple and it is simple
It will definitely be a challenge indeed for me to accomplish but I am determined!
Because a coworker in 6 months got OFF of diabetic insuling AND metformin!
* He lost 35 pounds
* He learned how to eat with portion control
* He took his meds every day
* Ate Green beans daily with his food or a salad with real dressing, not diet dressing.
* Ate 2 fruits every day
* Stopped drinking soda and drank water with crystal light or plain water
* Cut back on eating too much bread
* Stopped eating breaded meats or breaded anything
* Went from 12.5 blood sugar reading to 5.2 blood sugar reading in SIX MONTHS!
* and now is Completely off diabetic medications all because he CHOSE to be an advocate for his own health and he didnt want to lose his legs or arms due to diabetes.
* Even his cholesterol is normal now.
I figured if HE can do it.... so can I
8/26/13 = in 30 days I see a lung specialist = due to coughing for months
Sept or Oct = time for my A1C blood sugar test = last BS reading it was 7.0 in May 2013
(that 7.0 resulted from eating mixed veggies at least 4 x per week)
So I can do it!
NOTE TO SELF:
MASTER YOUR THOUGHTS = Choose your thought daily the way you choose your clothes every day. If you dont choose your master your thoughts, you will be in trouble
THE SCALE REPORT
04/20/13 = 343
04/21/13 = 347.2 = swollen feet/ankles
04/22/13 = 342
04/23/13 = 341
04/24/13 = 341
04/25/13 = 338.2
04/26/13 = 338.2
04/27/13 = 337.0
04/28/13 = 336.4
05/04/13 = 339.0
05/12/13 = 338.8
05/15/13 = 337.2
05/16/13 = 334.6
05/22/13 = 333.8
05/25/13 = 332.4 = Dr. added a RX and my feet/ankles no longer swell, yeh!!!
06/01/13 = 330.8
06/15/13 = 328.2 = from adding lots of veggies, some fruit, & more protein in my diet
6/15/13 = I joined WW today.
06/15/13 = 328.2
07/06/13 = 326.0 = I Rebelled for 3 wks & stopped meds, dieting and WW
07/27/13 = 331.2 (glad to see it is ONLY 331.2 lbs, yeh!!!) There is still hope :)
So lets get crackin'
Get back on Track, Yeh!
JOGGING AND WALKING 10 MIN
ORANGE JUICE, 1 CUP = 8 OZ = 110 CAL, 27 CARB, 2 PRO
CUT GREEN BEANS 16 OZ
GRILLED CHICKEN 9 OZ = 270 CAL, 3 FAT, 6 CARBS, 54 PRO
MASH POTATOES, FULLY LOADED BY HORMEL, , 2/3 CUPS (3 SERVINGS) 570 CAL, 33 FAT, 54 CARBS, 12 PRO, 3 FIBERS
TURKEY BITES, 6 PIECES = 1 SERV, 80 CAL, 5 FAT, 7 PRO