Saturday, July 27, 2013
The BW has been waiting a long time for me to take on the front half of the house - and I started Thursday. I had figured out how to split the job into five separate smaller jobs so there would be places to store furniture, pictures, and the other assorted junk you have to get out of the way, and Thursday I spent $120 for paint and tools to get started, moved the furniture out of the way, and washed the walls and baseboard with "Spic-and-Span," my old stand-by. Yesterday I used up two gallons of paint on the door and doorway to the garage, the folding doors to the pantry, and the south 2/3 of the living room. The popcorn ceiling is a hog for paint, but the 1.25 inch nap on the fat roller did the job, once the cover got saturated. I was totally shot, and quit and picked up the plastic sheet before I realized that I still needed to cut around the three drape brackets for the patio door drapes. Then I realized that I hadn't used a brush to finish the south skylight corners and molding at the top.
So today I painted some more, put back dozens of pictures that the BW had cleaned, re-installed switch plate and outlet covers and two registers that the BW had cleaned and painted, and dragged and carried back all the missing furniture. Right now, everything works and is in the right place. I had expected to clear out the north side of the living room and down the hall to the eating area, but we both were totally shot in the morning, and decided to take a break before going on. If you look, the south side looks a little whiter than the north side, so I guess it was all worth while.
Right now I feel somewhat better, but I have had several hours to rest up. Sleeping wasn't enough - it takes loafing too to make things work around here.