Well that escalated quickly...
Saturday, July 27, 2013
We've been juicing over here, with little result. I've learned some things though which is great.
1. Even DJ will eat carrots if I juice them with an apple and some ginger.
2. Kale smells like dirt, and has to be washed about 9 times before it's clean enough to use. Even then, it still smells like dirt and as an added bonus: it tastes like dirt too.
3. Not all green juices are delicious. Green lemonade, however, is.
4. If you start juicing (2x a day, plus a snack) when you have company staying for the whole weekend, you will crave incredibly horrible food. This means an 11:30pm trip to McDonald's after work.
5. You will drink more water than you ever have before. This is a good thing. It helps though to let people in on the fact that you are drinking a gallon of water (or more) in a day. Otherwise you get snarky comments about the frequent trips to the bathroom. (Or is that just me?)
I've come to the conclusion that loosing all the weight I wanted to loose for before my wedding isn't going to happen. I've revised my goals. Instead of wanting to be at 150 for my wedding (approximately 30 pounds), I think it's more realistic to set my goal at 40-45 pounds by our first anniversary. This will bring me down to 140-145lbs, which is what I weighed when DJ and I first started dating.
Now to find a Bikram yoga class in the Rutland area... (I'm not holding my breath). I lost 20-25 pounds in 15 weeks by doing hot yoga six days a week when I was living on Long Island; and I was jacked. I loved it. I'd love to have that body back. Maybe it's time to reconsider Weight Watchers...