Saturday, July 27, 2013
We've been juicing over here, with little result. I've learned some things though which is great.
1. Even DJ will eat carrots if I juice them with an apple and some ginger.
2. Kale smells like dirt, and has to be washed about 9 times before it's clean enough to use. Even then, it still smells like dirt and as an added bonus: it tastes like dirt too.
3. Not all green juices are delicious. Green lemonade, however, is.
4. If you start juicing (2x a day, plus a snack) when you have company staying for the whole weekend, you will crave incredibly horrible food. This means an 11:30pm trip to McDonald's after work.
5. You will drink more water than you ever have before. This is a good thing. It helps though to let people in on the fact that you are drinking a gallon of water (or more) in a day. Otherwise you get snarky comments about the frequent trips to the bathroom. (Or is that just me?)
I've come to the conclusion that loosing all the weight I wanted to loose for before my wedding isn't going to happen. I've revised my goals. Instead of wanting to be at 150 for my wedding (approximately 30 pounds), I think it's more realistic to set my goal at 40-45 pounds by our first anniversary. This will bring me down to 140-145lbs, which is what I weighed when DJ and I first started dating.
Now to find a Bikram yoga class in the Rutland area... (I'm not holding my breath). I lost 20-25 pounds in 15 weeks by doing hot yoga six days a week when I was living on Long Island; and I was jacked. I loved it. I'd love to have that body back. Maybe it's time to reconsider Weight Watchers...