Friday, July 26, 2013
This one is alot easier said than done, especially with 4 kids and a job. I was taking sleeping pills, but I think the Dr. doesn't want to keep me on them. She's afraid I will get dependent. And I very easily could. Sleep isn't something that comes easy to me. I am trying to go to bed at the same time every night, which helps. The last couple of weeks, though, hasn't been easy in that regard. Drama has ensued here and the stress is making it difficult to get and stay asleep. My grandmother also passed 2 weeks ago, which has been a trial as well.
So, how am I going to get better sleep?
- Take a Melatonin and try to go to bed at the same time each night.
- If I don't have to get up early for work, sleep in! It may not be much, but it'd be nice once in a while.
- Take my antidepressant at night, since it doesn't hit me for a couple of hours.
- Don't drink before bed, at least 2 hours before bed.
- Play relaxing music or sounds to keep me asleep longer.
Any other suggestions?