Some New Short-Term Goals
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Today marked my second week back at Spark People, although I've been at this lifestyle change thing since September. Recently, I met all of the short-term goals that I set for myself:
1. I broke my plateau!
2. I officially have a "normal" BMI!
But this means I need some new goals! So here they are:
1. Drink all my water (or most!). (About 2.75 L was recommended to me)
2. Continue to work out every day through this upcoming move. Ensure that my routine follows me to the new place! (The actual move day, and the day after, when we hit the zoo, are exceptions, as they will be very long and physical days. However, this makes resuming my video on Monday all the more important and challenging!)
3a. Figure out ways to stay within a reasonable target for calories consumed, despite no longer having much control over my food, and being around more temptation. This may include substituting foods, declining certain foods, adding or subtracting foods to meals, engaging in different portion control practices from my family, etc.
3b. Stay calm! Find balance. Stand up for myself. Be realistic. (All of #3 is going to irritate my anxiety.)
3c. "Reasonable target for calories consumed" would be no more than 1700 (which is approx. my baseline before exercise). Speedier progress is desirable but given the situation, it will be *okay* if I cannot manage it.
Slightly longer-term goals:
4. Once established, ramp up my weekly "calories burned" goal by adding extra videos, walking the dog, joining a gym class, etc. An extra 100 per day?
5. Once I've got a new food routine down and some ways to cope so that I'm not over-consuming, calculate the rate of progress that I can expect with that average daily intake and average daily burn. (This will help me know whether I'm stalling or still progressing.) Then accept it, make peace with it, be happy - whatever it is.