see my original post www.sparkpeople.com/mypa
1. Running is my current favorite form of exercise.
2. It's been at least six years since I slept for six straight hours.
3. I love to hike to the top of the hill behind my house for a great view of SLO's peaks.
4. Spicy food = the love of my life.
5. Painting is one of my favorite pass-times.
6. All I want to do is garden... it's making me now SERIOUSLY reevaluate my career decision.
7. Bon Iver's "Skinny Love" is one of the most (if not THE) most therapeutic song for me.
8. I am working hard to accept myself (muscles, lumps, and all), and it's very hard as stress levels rise.
9. I am a much better cook than I was six months ago! I now don't fear the kitchen and look FORWARD to making up new recipes - no pinterest boards required!
10. My mom's puppy has a serious autoimmune condition, but he doesn't cease to smile every day. My goal is to be as content as this puppy!!
11. I am committed to exercising. Doctors tell me I exercise too much. My problem is eating too much (at night and when stress rolls around).
12. I'm trying to get into more yoga, but it's hard with time constraints. I am focusing on deep breathing when I get frustrated. It's helping a bit. Baby steps!
13. When I go for walks, my wonderment at nature is always refreshed when I see a new type of flower.
14. I am working on my overindulgence, and it is a challenge. I am currently looking for a counselor specializing in CBT to help me get through stressful times without turning to food and help me sleep through the night.
15. I tried to get outpatient therapy for my ED, but they tried to pump gluten and lactose into me to verify I was indeed intolerant of those two things. If I know it hurts, what's the need to verify??
16. I am grateful for my graduate thesis funding, but I'm not enjoying writing study plans to no end. I want to experiment, darn!
17. I'm currently training for a half marathon, and it looks like I'm going to be able to complete it this year!!
18. I am much better about my salt intake than I was six months ago. I don't buy refried beans (make my own!) or marinara sauce, and I can limit myself to four pickle spears now (baby steps).
19. I am a firm believer in the use of meditation to relieve stress and absolve inner incongruencies. I'm still working on getting in touch with myself... with time.
20. My first trip outside of North America was to Ghana in Africa.
21. My next destination is NOT New Zealand - it's Uttarakhand, India!!! This December!!
22. I plan to take at least one backpacking trip this summer, and I met a pro surfer last weekend who wants to help me improve my 'board meetings'. :)
23. I cannot currently afford to quench my thirst for new shoes.
24. I currently cycle through two pairs of trainers, and I'm hooked on one pair of flats. I've downsized in the past six months.
25. I'd love to visit the Arizona and Zion. Not in the summer. That stuff could get dangerous.
26. I'm discovering so much more as I stop obsessing over food (baby steps).
27. I recently donated clothes, bedding, shoes, and backpacks to Goodwill. Not the best cause, but I now have no clutter in my room!!! Pretty impressive with no closet or large shelving in there!
28. My hair is too thick to whip up into a bun with a ponytail. That kind of maneuver requires significant twisting and a heavy duty clip. It's now also WAY too long. I'm growing it OOUUUTTTT (top of the butt status!)
29. I'm trying to wear a hat when I'm outside to limit my facial sun exposure - I'm getting wrinkles!
30. One of the most relaxing things to me is the smell of a mint leaf crushed between two fingers. I pick one every morning as I water plants.
31.I now have my facebook password back, but I definitely don't spend as much time on it. Still minimizing this.
32. Since my sister moved to Hillsboro, I've stopped comparing myself to her. In fact, on visiting her, I decided I love being myself more than trying to be like her! I'm still working on me, but that's a lifelong process, right?
33. I'm working on accepting when I am wrong. Life is a learning process, and it's too short to live in fear.
34. I'm learning to eat slower. I'm evaluating each meal. Even if I overeat, I'm acknowledging it. I'm taking baby steps. That seems to be a recurring theme here...
35. I no longer have the metabolism of a 12-year-old boy. I need to adjust to my body's needs and tune into what my emotions are telling me, not feed my tastebuds when my emotions are off kilter.
36. I am working on doing more meditation.
37. I have spiritual beliefs, but I don't believe in organized religion. There is a higher power I tune into for power, but by no means do I give it a name other than Mother Nature.
38. I buy what I want and try to approach my monthly expenses guilt-free, but it's trying on my conscience. I just can't afford to purchase the quality products I want as a college student.
39. I think that greed is one of the most imprisoning qualities of humankind. I'm freeing myself, but it's a work in progress.
40. I'm down to eating about four servings of nut butter in one sitting if I do open a jar. I'm better about eating meals during the day. Granted, I've put on a couple pounds, but this will balance out once I get fully transitioned to eating during the DAY.
41. My self-hypnosis CDs did not help my nighttime eating. What does is closing the blinds, putting on lavender essential oil, locking my door, taking an herbal sleeping pill, and keeping a bottle of water both on my nightstand and in the refrigerator. I've still got some ways to go before this comes naturally.
42. I now wear booties and gloves to bed to help soften my hands and feet.
43. I'm learning to eliminate my fear of hunger. Hunger is good and signifies that your metabolism is WORKING! Now to exercise self-control when I let myself get hungry...
44. Anyone who does not embrace me as an individual can suck it. I am who I am, and if you don't like it, find someone you do like.
45. I tried to open up to outpatient therapists about my ED, but they believed my food intolerances were mental. Does the fact that everyone on my mom's side of the family is lactose and gluten intolerant not provide adequate evidence that I do have food intolerances?
46. I would love to find a counselor who can help me manage stress.
47. Ever since I could remember, people called me a tree hugger. I like to think of myself as an environmental steward. I'm now the 'crazy plant lady' of my group of friends.
48. I still go to natural food stores to relax. It's a healing thing. Now to BIKE there instead of driving! That's a truly detoxifying experience!
49. Chewing gum contains BHT, a 'probable' human carcinogen. Sorry if this is a repeat. I'm still shocked - I chain-chewed gum for two years!
50. Foods should be eaten in moderation. I'm still working on this. Getting back into it. Also getting back into juicing. Yee!