Last night when I went to bed, I was determined to make this day a good one. I was really hoping I would be feeling better than I did yesterday. Well, I am feeling a little better, but not as much as I hoped too. Still dealing with the shoulder pain, though the pain in my neck is better. Still feeling a little bit of a sinus headache, though it's not as bad as it was yesterday. (I don't have a sinus infection, I just get the headaches from weather changes and allergies.)
But I decided to try to focus on the things that making me feel good today and the things that are going right.
* I was able to sleep in today; I took my time waking up and didn't let myself feel like I was just being "lazy"; after all, I just had chemo yesterday, so there is nothing wrong with taking it easy.
* Took time to do some reading before breakfast; I often use the half hour I have to wait before eating after taking my thyroid and stomach meds for reading and it's a nice way to start the day instead of just getting on the computer to check my email.
* The weather is much cooler! It was only 52°F when I got up, and the last I checked, it was 69°F. It's so nice to have a break in the heat and humidity.
* I am still working on my posture when seated at the computer. I still find myself falling back into my old habits, but I have been more aware of them and catching myself.
* After today's workout, I am on a 12 day exercise streak.
* Getting Spark Goodies! Thank you!
* Waking up to my two kitties on the bed with me. Actually, they do so much to make me feel loved, and make me smile each day, that if I listed them all, it would be quite a long blog.
* Changed the sheets on the bed today; that first night on clean sheets is the best!
* Checking the point balance in my account for one of the companies I do surveys for, and finding out I had enough to redeem for two $25 Amazon gift cards.
* After 4 Abraxane treatments so far, I still have not lost any hair.
* Looking forward to enjoying some summer squash with my dinner tonight. I've been steaming it in the microwave along with a little bit of onion, and I love it! So simple but yummy. As someone living with gastroparesis, it's hard for me to get excited about produce since there is so much of it I cannot eat anymore, so enjoying my squash right now is really something for me. I'm also enjoying seedless watermelon this summer.
* Looking forward to another new episode of Camp tonight, it's a new show on NBC.