Monday, July 22, 2013
Here were my goals for BLC22 and how I'm doing on them:
1. Instead of saying I'm going to exercise a certain amount of time each day, my goal is to burn a minimum of 200 calories per day when doing intentional exercise.
Out of all my workouts since June 5th, I've only burned less than 200 calories per day twice so I'm happy about that.
2. I just did Day 58 of Supreme 90 and have 32 days to go so the plan is to finish the program.
Supreme 90 is completed and I lost 3 inches off my belly and 3 pounds with it so that made me happy.
3. Once Supreme 90 is completed, I'm going to continue to include ST to my workouts. I'm aiming to be lifting 20 pound weights by year end.
I'm looking for a new program to do. I found the 90 days to be a little long and it got kind of boring doing the same workouts over and over again. Currently, I'm using the Supreme 90 workout schedule but am doing some of my other exercise DVDs to suit what Day's workout is scheduled, e.g. today was core/abs and I did Jazzercize's Dancin' Abs workout.
4. I'm going to try and eat as clean as possible. The things that I will be focusing on include adding more protein and healthy fats to my diet while increasing fibre and decreasing sodium.
Overall, I think I'm doing pretty well with the eating clean thing and working on the nutrients I want more or less of. But I find that the main problem with summer is that there are just too many opportunities to get together with friends and family for a barbecue or for lunch at a restaurant, etc.
And, the other problem with summer is that that is when I take most of my vacation and I tend to think that when I'm on vacation, I deserve a break from eating healthily as well. My next week of vacation is the week of July 29th so my plan at this point is to make a bunch of healthy salads and primarily use them for my meals.
However, that said, I have plans to take my niece out to lunch one day and her brother (my nephew) out another day and I'm also supposed to be meeting a friend from work for lunch one day. My plan is to plan for a healthy lunch and to do extra exercise on the days of my outings so that if I do overdo it, hopefully there will be no gain.
4. The ultimate goal is to get to Onederland by August 28th (the final date for BLC22.
And, yeah, I doubt this will happen by August 28th. At this point, I'll be happy to be under where I started on June 5th. But if I got to Onederland this year, I'd be happy.