Bland Diet Isn't So Bad
Saturday, July 20, 2013
I had to go on a bland diet about 3 weeks ago because I have diverticulitis & a bacterial infection. I am on a new med which I think is helping.
1) The good points about this diet is I am making my calorie intake.
2) I have lost weight on it. I have gone from 196 to as of this morning 185.4
1) I had to give up a lot things that I love for now.
2) Peppers, Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower black pepper & many more foods I love
3) This is a low fiber diet, can't have any dried beans that I use in my soups.
4) Can't eat high fat foods such as Fried Chicken.
I see the Gastro DR on Friday the 26th to see what is happening & what he is going to do.
Again a bland diet has it's advantages. When I first started my DH was going crazy with me as I was winning all the time about the foods I couldn't have. Now I just flow with the program.