5 K praying all the way :)
Saturday, July 20, 2013
Ok I did it! My first official 5 k run practice on a nationally registered 5 k route. I finished in 50 minutes which is my best time yet!!!! They will have a practice again next sat and the race is the week after that which I will join. (nervous)
Today I knew no one when I set off to attend and found a friend at the practice then made one that I finished with.
This is my friend Pam who looks much more refreshed than I do but she waited and walked the last block with me to the finish!
This was Scott and his running partner. He is who cramped up and dropped back to finish with me :)
This is me at the finish of my first official 5 k effort!
I learned a lot.
1. Get out of the way there are serious runners out there! I will start in the back next time so I don't hold them up or make them stumble.
2. Prayerfully approaching the challenge helps all the way through.
3. Don't get discouraged when you are left in the dust. After all, you almost died in January, spent two weeks in the hospital, one of which on a respirator, and three months out of work (instead of the expected 2 weeks),
4. My hydration and stretching plan worked and I didn't cramp.
5. Angles wait along the route with cold water
6. God is so good I have lost 70+ pounds, I am getting healthy and.... wait for it....I just finished a nationally registered 5 k course!