OK, so I have been following the SparkCoach motivational advice and I think its time to come out of hiding and make myself more accountable by putting myself more out there. I've joined some great teams and I think its nice if our team members actually know what you look like....it makes it easier for me to relate to them when I know what they look like, so its only fair. So, here is my starting photo taken on June 24, 2013.
263.5 lbs….starting weight.
Ok, so this is the heaviest I have ever been and it is time to get this weight off and keep it off. So.... I've been jotting down reasons why I need to lose the weight, so in the future, after I lose the weight, I can come back to my notes and remind myself why the weight must remain off. So far, here are my Reasons why this weight must come off:
1) My feet and ankles hurt really bad. Walking is horrible, and therefore, I’ve been limiting it.
2) Many times my knees hurt. Something pulls or goes out in them and then I have problems walking for days, or even weeks.
3) None of my clothes fit right….I have this huge roll above my jeans, all the way around my body!
4) I’m tired of constantly being tired.
5) I have excruciating pain in my hips (night and day); it hurts like a bitch getting up off a chair, hard to sleep because they hurt so bad, walking isn’t a pleasure either.
6) My walk is totally different…talk about waddling, because my thighs are so big.
7) I hate the huge roll I have above my pants and all the way around to my back.
8) I’m scared to ride my horse because I know that if I fall off, I will be hurt really bad. My own body weight would crush me on the way down.
9) I can’t ride my horse because 260lbs is the maximum weight that livery stables have set for their horses. Why would I hurt my own horse by putting that kind of load on him.
10) My X-Large shirts are tight on me.
11) I had to buy some 2X clothes in order to get a comfortable fit.
12) I have a really hard time putting on my left sock…just a real bitch to put my left leg over my thigh and then reach to put the sock on. (Right leg is OK)
13) When I got on the airplane, my seatbelt was at the very end…if I didn’t suck in my stomach, I’d have to ask for the belt extender.
Where I am as of today;
- I have finally made the decision that this time I'm only doing this for me!
- Last weekend (7/13/13) I attended a picnic/party and only drank WATER! This was a first for the first time in my life.....no alcohol! (Even volunteered to be the designated driver!)
- I earned my 5K steps on my fitbit....now I'm shooting for 10K this weekend!
- As of today, I have lost 11 lbs!