Saturday, July 20, 2013
Hehehe.... the same goals.... plus a couple of new ones.
1. Get down to below 200 lb. in the next 17 days which means losing 3 pounds. I will do that by drinking lots of water, eating vegetables, fiber, inulin, protein, some spice cause that's nice, green tea and fruits. Limit any superfluous foods and keep them to whole grains.
2. Keep working on toning my body, arms, core by doing exercise every day whether that is pool, mats and ball, machines, treadmill or free weights.
3. Keep moving... gardening, errands, cleaning. Be mindful not to hurt my body.
4. Start a regular sleep schedule going to bed by 10:00 so all electronic devices off at 9:00 then stretch, wash, read until 10:00. Up by 6:00.
5. Start an emerency savings account by saving $100 a week which means cancelling some old insurance and cutting back on spending big time.
6. Laugh every day. That means reaching out and doing something silly with my kids, calling a friend, reading a good story or blog.
7. Be grateful every day.
I read a blog about doing intervals... I remember doing interval training with a trainer a decade or so ago... and I'm not really sure what I'm doing but today in the pool I did sets of 10 seconds going as hard and fast as I could running and with arm weights and then a brief break... repeat 7 times. It certainly got me huffing and puffing which can't be bad.
LOL my chiropractor has had a contest going on asking participants to try hooping and if you do at least 2 seconds then you get a ballot in the box for a summer by the pool "basket". It is for the whole month so every week, no matter how many people are in the waiting room I do my best. It amazes me that people won't try! It makes me feel ridiculous but at the same time I admire those hoopers out there who CAN. I seem to be improving but .... it makes a good laugh anyways.